Operations management/ Public Relations/ Coaching Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
I have 13 years experience in planning/ operational management and customer service and 2 years in media both with the NSW Rural Fire Service and the private/ retail sector. I have been a surfer for over 25 years and have surfed in many countries.
I am seeking employment in the surf industry to foster my passion for the sport. I am looking at roles in the field of public relations, feature writing, management, coaching/training/education, customer service, product development or photography.
60,000 To: 95,000 AUD Per Annum
Belrose, NSW, Australia
|Operations/ Media Officer||NSW Rural Fire Service||From September 2001 To Current|
My work experience to date has predominantly involved me in a management/ customer service role, work I have sought because of my natural ability to communicate with others. I have also undertaken courses in Workplace Communication, Change Implementation, Conflict Resolution and Work Team Communication as part of the Diploma of Business. I am currently studying Communications and Media.
In my current role of Operations Manager I maintaining healthy relationships and communicating face to face and via electronic means (phone, e-mail, facebook) with a large customer base. My customers include volunteer fire fighters and staff members, local government members, general public, media organisations and other emergency agencies. I lead a team that provides support to these customers with advice and direction on matters such as the correct use and installation of products and equipment, planning future requirements, training, general troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrading and disposal of equipment, general information and monitoring and following up emerging issues.
One of my duties is to coordinate and monitor the media activities for the Districts. I am responsible for constructing media releases and stories on the activities being undertaken around the Districts, from both a community messaging aspect, such as promoting Bush Fire Survival Plans, as well as providing emergency incident information, such as major fires updates. I also coordinate a group of volunteers known as the Public Relations Group (PR Group) that helps gather and organize media information, taking photos and conducting interviews in the field during district events. I am also the Coordinator of the District facebook page which is used to promote fire safety messages.
I have recently written and updated the Rural Fire Service’s Standard Operating Procedures for incidents that are used at every emergency operation across NSW by over 50,000 staff and volunteers. This task required me to produce and discuss procedure concepts with all levels of management. Using sound project management skills and keen attention to detail I was able to identify values, goals, program objectives, strategies and performance measures to enhance the service delivery of the organisation.
My duties include:
• Managing the day to day operations issues in the district – including Customer Service, infrastructure community protection planning and emergency response coordination.
• Coordinate District Media – includes social media and written media releases.
• Coordinate District Public Relations group
• Liaise with Community to provide information and operational activities.
• Stores management , purchasing and data recording
• Liaise with Fire fighters to attend to their requests and requirements (Logistics)
• Defect and fault reporting and repair management
• Coordination of contractors
• Coordination of equipment required for training and operational duties within the District
• Ensure the emergency response capabilities of the district
• Steering the direction of the Operations directorate- current and forward strategic planning
• Strategic components such as operations programs, vehicle replacement, radio upgrade programs, maintenance programs
• Standards of Fire Cover - update, manage the integrity of the data
• Section 52 planning (Emergency Management Planning)
• Liaise with other agencies to ensure appropriate coordination is being undertaken.
• District Policy and SOP writing, introduction and implementation.
• Data base administration and data integrity
• Equipment register – update, manage the integrity of the data
• Hazard Reduction Fleet and personnel co-ordination
• After Hours Duty Officers and Group Officer Rosters (on call 24/7)
|Amateur Photographer||Own||From January 1994 To Current|
|I have been an amateur photographer for 20 years and some of my work has been published in travel brochures. I can apply basic Photoshop techniques to edit photographs. I have worked in the photography industry at a retail level|
|Coach||Wakehurst Soccer Club||From January 2012 To Current|
|Head coach (voluntry). Aid players in the development of their technical skills, with emphasis on the enjoyment and fair play of the game rather than physical or tactical development.|
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|Communications and Media||Media||TAFE||From 2013 To 2013|
|Diploma (Frontline Management)||Management||TAFE||From 2006 To 2006|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist