Summary of Experience
Have worked as a Sport Director Intern at the Virginia Beach Field House. I had all the same responsibilities that the daily managers had.
40,000 To: 80,000 USD Per Annum
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Admin & Office Support, Customer Service, Environment & Conservation, Management, Marketing, Operations, Production, Science & Technology
Australia, United States, Indonesia
|Sport Director Intern||Virginia Beach Field House||From January 2013 To Current|
• League management/field marshall – scheduling teams, face-to-face problem solving, game-time conflict resolution and on-field medical control.
• League marketing – promoting leagues and programs to new and existing customers.
• Customer service – answering phones, handling complaints, providing information and helping customers navigate our process.
• Youth services – solo-managed two “Soccer Stars” classes for children ages 3-6, with 10 children in each class.
• Innovation – developed new programs to utilize available resources and increase revenue, including a Spring Warm-Up Dodgeball Tournament and an All-Star Weekend Basketball Skills Challenge.
• Computer Skills – thoroughly familiar with the organization's “Sports I.T.” and “EZFacility” database.
• Budgeting/finance – working knowledge of what it takes for a private organization like this to make money.
• Miscellaneous skills – exposed to every facet of facility operation, including front-desk operations, facility maintenance and cleaning, and food and beverage service.
|Lifeguard||Virginia Beach Lifesaving Serv||From May 2006 To Current|
Dealing with tourists on a daily basis.
Keeping the beach safe for patrons using preventative techniques.
Have given CPR to a live patient.
Manned oceanfront lifeguard stand, performing ocean rescues of citizens/tourists as needed.
Awarded Virginia Beach Lifesaving Services Super Hero Award in May 2010 for actions in the successful rescue of three simultaneous ocean drowning victims.
Volunteered for 2012 Allen Stone Run-Swim-Run by assisting handicapped individuals swim.
|Program Coordinator||Encompass Adventure Programs||From January 2011 To January 2012|
• Program planning, logistics, inventory management, program delivery, facilitation, supervision, program & staff development, administrative work.
• Focused on development in “underprivileged at-risk” youth.
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|Master of Science in Eduation||Sport Management||Old Dominion University||From 2011 To 2013|
|Emergency Medical Technician||Emergency Medical Services||Tidewater Community College||From 2012 To 2012|
|Bachelor of Science||Recreation and Tourism||Old Dominion University||From 2006 To 2011|
|Minor in Marketing||Marketing||Old Dominion University||From 2006 To 2011|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist