Sports manager Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
Rafael Câmara holds a BA in Communications from the University Centre of Brasília - UniCEUB (2010). Between 2012 and 2016 worked as public relations officer for sports activities at the British Embassy in Brazil. In the past four years he also worked on official visits of the British Royal Family and the UK senior ministerial visits to Brazil. In the past he gained experience in major national media outlets, including the TV Globo, with a focus on sports coverage. Today, he is doing a Masters in
3,000 To: 7,000 USD Per Month
Brasilia, Distrito Federal, Brazil
Admin & Office Support
|Assistant of the Spanish deleg||Spanish Olympic Committee COE||From August 2016 To September 2016|
- Planning, preparation and organization of the Spanish delegation’s events during the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Spanish House).
- Assiantance and support to the Spanish Olympic directors and presidents.
- Logistic support to the Spanish athletes, presidentes of sports federations and COE’s directors.
- Work directly with Victoria Cabezas, director of COE’s cabinet.
|Assistant of the Italian deleg||Italian Olympic Committee||From August 2016 To September 2016|
Organise the events for athletes and sports directors at the Italian House.
- Work with events leads to develop properly the strategies to influence key stakeholders and promote Rome 2024 olympic candidacy.
- Work directly with Lorenzo Marzoli, CONI’s head of marketing.
|Public Relations Officer||British Embassy||From September 2012 To June 2016|
- To promote and boost the impact of the British mission’s to activities focused on the FIFA World Cup 2014 and the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro 2016.
- Planning of the public relations strategies for the UK olympic and paralympic delegations in the pre-training period to Rio 2016. Focus on the Team GB’s performance at the Minas Tennis Club in Belo Horizonte, the pre-training headquarters for Team GB.
- Coordination of the visits for UK’s official visitors to Brazil: the royal family, ministers and British government’s senior members: Prince Harry (2014); Lord Seb Coe (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) - (former President of the British Olympic Committee and President of London 2012 Organizing Committee); and Prime Minister David Cameron (2012).
- Organization and coordination of Brazilian public relations and media press trips to the UK: Folha de S. Paulo (2013 - Focus on London 2012 olympic legacy); Globo News (2014).
- Production of sports content to feed the British diplomats during their meeting with Brazilian authorities.
- Organise, assist, report and ensure the approach with key stakeholders.
- Events timing and budgeting coordination and delivering of multiple projects/ big events.
- British Embassy’s PR team financial coordination and control.
- Management of a team composed by 6 people suring 7 months – maternity leave.
|Public relations officer||Brazilian National Congress||From April 2012 To September 2012|
- Assistance to Brazilian and international press.
- Assistance and control of the Commission’s President agenda, member of Parliament Mrs Perpetua Almeida.
|Intern||Brazilian Gymnastics Federatio||From April 2010 To November 2010|
Updating the federation’s website and news production, events coverage.
- Audiovisual content production.
- Advising the Federation’s president.
|Trainee||TV Globo||From January 2009 To July 2010|
- Production, reporting and editing at Globo Sport programme.
- Coverage during major sports events: World FIVB Beach Volleyball (2009-2010), Volleyball World League (2010), Brazilian Basketball Championship (2009).
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|Masters||Sports Management||Universidad Europea del Atlant||From 2015 To 2016|
|Bachelor Degree||Communication||UniCEUB||From 2006 To 2010|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist