Corporate Partnership Service and Activation Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
Have managed high end Corporate Partnership Service and Activation for almost 20 years in the NBA, Motor Sports Property/League, and College Athletics. In my current role I work with the with VP/CRO and Director of Corporate Partnership with fulfillment and renewals of high level sponsorship accounts. Responsible for account value of $10+ million
75,000 To: 95,000 USD Per Annum
Indianapolis, IN, United States
|Sr. Manager Partner Strategy||Indianapolis Motor Speedway||From August 2011 To Current|
Indianapolis Motor Speedway/Verizon IndyCar Series. The Racing Capital of the World. The Indianapolis 500 is the largest, single day sporting event in the world. The Verizon IndyCar Series is the premier league of American open wheel racing
• Working with VP/CRO and Director of Corporate Partnership as a team to fulfill corporate partnerships in activation, service and renewing of high level sponsorship accounts. Responsible for account value of $10+ million
• My key accounts for IMS and IndyCar are Chevrolet and Sunoco. Key accounts for IMS are:
‒ Crown Royal Brickyard 400 NASCAR Race Entitlement
‒ Indiana University Health
‒ Eli Lilly Diabetes 250 Xfinity Race Entitlement
‒ PennGrade Motor Oil Presenting the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500, May 29th 2016 – first time in IMS 100-year history to have a Presenting Partner for the Indy 500
• Develop strategic programs with corporate partners to help them achieve their goals and objectives. Primary point of contact with internal departments to successfully create specialized programs.
• Work with specific clients for marketing approvals and specific deadlines and production costs; i.e. TV visible signage planning/fulfillment.
• Lead representative for IMS facility with sponsor TV visible signage for all race events.
• Facilitate yearly activation meetings including end of season meetings with partners and produce “Partner Wrap-Up” books that include a detailed recap of all partner activities. Recaps include documentation of signage, radio and or television spots, promotional activities and comprehensive measured results.
• Create and oversee corporate partner sales proposals which include specific data resources, customized elements and mock-ups for potential leads and renewals.
• Provide tracking and analysis of all existing sold and unsold inventory (assets) and potential new inventory for all IMS properties.
• Travel to select IndyCar League races for client fulfillment including on site activation and hospitality. Focus on Chevrolet and Sunoco specifics for track, road course, and street races for entitlement elements.
• In the past coordinated the yearly Corporate Partner VIP trip with all travel, hospitality, gifting and budget.
• Part of team that was honored with the 2016 Event of the Year award by the SportsBusiness Journal and SportsBusiness Daily; with the 100th Running of the Indianapolis 500
|Dir. of Business Development||Goleta Chamber of Commerce||From September 2010 To August 2011|
GVCC is a business-oriented membership organization founded in 1947 in the Santa Barbara/Goleta Valley, CA.
• Managed membership and corporate sponsorship sales for annual dues, print publications, web and electronic media advertising, event sponsorship including monthly B2B, BAH, California Lemon Festival and Ambassador for recruitment and event management.
• Was responsible for perspective leads, creating sales marketing materials and proposal decks, membership and sponsorship fulfillment, financial projections and monthly sales goals.
• Budget included total sponsorship revenue of $470,000, total membership revenue of $125,000 and corporate sponsorship revenue of $345,000.
|Dir. of Business Development||U of California, Santa Barbara||From January 2009 To September 2010|
University of California Santa Barbara, Alumni Association. The
UCSB Alumni Association engages with Alumni, current students, Faculty & Staff and the greater Santa Barbara County community.
• Managed corporate partnership program including all marketing materials, soliciting corporate partners and fulfillment in conjunction with university policy and procedures. Program included affinity partners (i.e. insurance referral), event management, internet and print advertising, all Gaucho Reunion Sponsorship packages and membership programs. Budget included total revenue of $156,000.
• Developed Association membership program including goals and projections, renewals/new/lapsed members and benefits system. Budget included total revenue of $165,000.
• Created marketing campaign in relation to membership and corporate sponsorship material. Responsible for all direct mail, internet campaigns, quarterly magazine advertising and printed collateral.
• Worked in conjunction with University Development, Institutional Advancement, Alumni Association Board of Directors and extensive campus departments to advance marketing campaigns.
• Supervised one Membership Coordinator and one Student Assistant.
|Sr. Mgr, Corporate Partnership||Memphis Grizzlies, NBA||From September 2003 To December 2007|
Memphis Grizzlies, National Basketball Association. The
Memphis Grizzlies is a NBA franchise.
• Assisted in the implementation of all elements of corporate sponsor agreements including signage, print, television, radio, internet, in-arena and outer-market promotions, community relations and hospitality with over 100 corporate clients. From inception to completion, ensured all contracted expectations were met and exceeded within team and NBA guidelines.
• Managed the creation, installation and maintenance of sponsor in-arena creatives. Included signage, Entitlement Zone elements and game day promotions and sponsorship.
• Oversaw commercial traffic materials for television and radio broadcasts involving sponsor advertisements and prepared affidavits for client billing.
• Wrote and assisted in the design of sponsorship sales proposals including graphic and personal enhancement for existing clients, annual reports, recap/proposal decks, implementation guides, up-selling proposals and the leveraging of existing inventory. Collaborated demographic information for materials with the NBA League offices.
• Coordinated and managed various corporate events and promotions including Corporate Partner VIP road trips, symposiums, B2B’s and corporate team appearances within the regulations of the NBA.
• Managed Service Department structure and supervised two full-time staff members, one full-time intern and one game day assistant.
|Director of Marketing||U of California, Santa Barbara||From August 1999 To September 2003|
University of California Santa Barbara, Department of Athletics.
NCAA Division 1A Intercollegiate Athletics University.
• Provided all marketing for 21 Division 1A sports teams under university and NCAA guidelines.
• Managed all Athletic Department corporate sales including athletic department proposals, signage, print, scholarship funding, game sponsorship, banners, corporate incentive programs, game/tournament sponsorship packages and website sponsorship sales with FansOnly (official site host).
• Implemented team schedule productions, such as schedule cards, magnets, and marketing for sports in the community, including working with local media to promote.
• Managed game presentation staff for promotion, special events, staffing, campus coordination and officials. Activities included contests, give-a-ways, half-time entertainment, anthem singers, spirit support squad and mascots.
• Assisted with booster clubs and alumni events coordinating pre/post-game functions, booster buses, banquets and social events for corporate sponsors.
• Oversaw merchandising with marketing assistants for retail at athletic events and for team website ucsbgauchos.com.
• Advisor for Student Athletics Fee program and campus elections for 2000-03. This included staffing, budgeting, campaign literature, campus rallies and presentations to campus clubs and organizations. Through the election efforts, a referendum was approved for a new ICA building which was completed in 2003.
• Supervised two assistants and five student interns
|Head Student Asst. Basketball||U of New Mexico||From October 1992 To May 1999|
University of New Mexico, Department of Athletics.
NCAA Division 1A Intercollegiate Athletics University Team.
• Delegated to and directed student managers, facilitated practices, equipment control and inventory. Coordinated all team travel and was the liaison for all potential recruits. Assisted Basketball Operations Director with video production of practices, games and film exchange.
• Assisted BOD with summer camps, including promotion, scheduling and camp staff.
• Was Head Student Assistant when the team secured the WAC Tournament Championship in 1993 & 1996; the WAC Conference Championship in 1994; NCAA Tournament appearances in 1993 & 1994, 1996-99. The team held a continuous standing in AP Top 25 Poll-1996-99.
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|Bachelors of Science||University Studies||U of New Mexico||From 1992 To 1999|
|Associates||Merchandising||Cazenovia College||From 1985 To 1987|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist