Business Analyst - World Surf League - Full Time
The World Surf League (WSL) organizes the annual tour of professional surf competitions and broadcasts each event live at WorldSurfLeague.com where you can experience the athleticism, drama, and adventure of competitive surfing -- anywhere and anytime it’s on. The WSL sanctions and operates the following tours: the Junior Tour, Longboard Tour, the Qualifying Series (QS), the Big Wave Tour and the crown jewel of the sport, the WSL Championship Tour (CT), which determines the undisputed world champions. The organization is headquartered in Santa Monica, California with commercial offices in New York. The offices are supported by regional centers in Africa, Australasia, Europe, Hawaii, North America and South America.
The Business Analyst will leverage strong finance and accounting backgrounds to explore historical financial data, predict future results and drive process improvements. The Business Analyst, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer will work closely with other departments (marketing, operations, finance, and sponsorship) to create case studies which support both long-range and day-to-day decisions.
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance
- Evaluate current capital expenditures and depreciation
- Establish and evaluate business plan for both existing and proposed business opportunities
- Identify trends in financial performance and provide recommendations for improvement
- Provide financial models and forecasting
- Prepare reports and projections based on this analysis
- B.A in Finance or related field and/ or 4-6 years of progressive experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a finance role.
- Ability to synthesize large sets of data and prepare reports to be presented to multiple departments.
- In depth understanding of the digital media space and related financial impact.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working within a global organization.
- 3+ years of experience with MS Excel.
- Familiarity with business analysis tools is a plus.
- Self-starter and independent thinker, with the aptitude to work autonomously.
- Proven ability to create independent business models and templates.
Finance: 2 years