Director of Marketing - Roark Revival - OluKai - Full Time
THE ROARK REVIVAL: Marketing Director
The Marketing Director role requires an experienced individual with a digital first mentality supporting solid brand management and channel management experience.
The individual will be directly responsible for developing and executing demand creation initiatives and the supporting brand marketing programs including, social media and digital advertising, promotions and events, retail marketing and in-store merchandising, seasonal journeys and collaborations. A deep understanding of creating and telling stories with a proficiency in content creation distribution is needed.
An affinity and expertise in adventure travel, the outdoors and action sports is preferred. This role leads the brand marketing effort and reports directly to Roark’s Founder and CEO.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and execute annual & seasonal brand demand creation plans and supporting marketing and promotional activities
- Develop and manage annual & seasonal marketing budgets
- Develop and implement annual and seasonal go to market strategies in accordance with Roark’s annual and seasonal product development calendar
- Drive a digital first demand creation strategy in support of developing broad consumer awareness, driving DTC sales through company website and company owned retail locations
- Drive a digital first demand creation strategy combined with traditional retail marketing activities in support of Roark’s multi-channel wholesale business
- Present annual and seasonal go-to-market and demand creation plans to management, investors and board members as required
- Maintain modern and relevant understanding of broader social, digital, fashion and consumer trends
- Maintain communication with and provides plans and information to brand’s international partners.
- Ability to plan and execute a production that delivers A-tier video and photographic assets
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years marketing experience either in a leading consumer marketing organization or entrepreneurial operation.
- Ability to work strategically and lead execution.
- Ability to think creatively, analytically and strategically in applied problem solving
- Strong understanding of business.
- Strong experience and understanding in core consumer marketing.
- Proven track record in leading and working effectively with cross functional teams, including the sales, operations, finance, human resources and design.
- Strong communication skills are imperative.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, teamwork, presentation, influencing, mentoring and project management skills required.
- Excellent budget management skills required.
- Innovator with the ability to influence staff and management at all levels (Internally and externally)
- Proficient with major social media platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe