Director, Product Strategy - World Surf League - Full Time
The World Surf League is looking for a passionate and experienced Director of Product Strategy to help build out our fan-facing applications across web, mobile and connected devices.
The Director of Product Strategy is responsible for leading the successful execution of the product roadmap for the WSL. S/he will oversee a team of Product Managers and will be responsible for leading through all stages of product development including, user research, scoping, design, development, testing, QA and deployment, while collaborating closely with Design and Engineering teams to ensure alignment.
The ideal candidate will be able to clearly articulate strategy that champions the needs of the User through product solutions that are backed by research and possess a comfortable understanding of modern tech stacks and common engineering considerations related to scalability and performance. This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to the SVP, Digital.
- Continuously reviews evolving market trends, user needs, competitive offerings, and technology innovations to develop and grow WSL digital products.
- Recommends, develops, and implements new and creative approaches to ensure WSL business objectives are being met.
- Collaborates with design, engineering, and business leaders to translate product features and functionality into user experience/product requirements.
- Manage the complete product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, using analytics to inform project priorities.
- Continuously review design, definition, and development for consistency and to ensure WSL business objectives are being met.
- Mentors existing team and hires and grows team as needed to support the business.
- Maintains relationships with technology partners
- A deep understanding of industry trends and new technologies
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experience continually developing a team of talented product managers
- Strategic thinker who can effectively make the case for taking calculated risks
- 6+ yrs of Product Management experience working in digital media
- BA/BS in computer science, engineering, math, or related fields a plus
Desired Personal Attributes:
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Masterful organizational skills
- An enthusiasm for coaching, teaching and the development of people
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V