Director, Partner Marketing - World Surf League - Full Time
The Director, Partnership Marketing serves as a key member of the Partnership Marketing team and leads the Account Management team. The Director is responsible for high level client relationships and for helping to manage those relationships to grow revenue and build a world class client services organization. The Account Management team provides client/partner stewardship and management for multidimensional campaigns which include media, digital, production & events activations in the sports & entertainment space. The Director will lead his or her team and provide strategic oversight in partnership with the Vice President, Partnership Marketing as well as the Vice President of Business Development. This role reports to the Vice President, Partnership Marketing.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Takes responsibility for assigned client relationships in the auto, beverages, consumer products spaces and actively seeks new campaigns and business from existing clients in partnership with the sales team.
• Initiates interactive business conversations with key decision makers around new or emerging issuing opportunities with focus on revenue retention, upselling and renewals.
• Continuously reviews client and market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to ensure client and WSL business objectives are met.
• Becomes a product expert to articulate the buy rationale, execute campaigns flawlessly, and communicate reporting to clients.
• Works closely with internal WSL teams to ensure contractual obligations are met, on time and on budget.
• Develops creative and unique digital / social campaigns on behalf of the WSL and assigned clients involving key influencers, professional surfers, etc, along with measuring ROI of campaigns
• Mentors existing team; hires and grows team as needed to support business
• Leads Account Management team to be best-in-class Client Services and grow all businesses under assignment with a focus on revenue retention, upselling and renewal.
• Collaborates with the customer to establish and execute annual business planning and quarterly review sessions to establish, monitor and report progress against joint objectives.
• Partners with the Sales organization on renewals ensuring global linkage of resources and information sharing.
• Works closely with a large diverse team to achieve revenue targets and increase market share within a client.
• Deep business experience with related account management experience in the media/sports/entertainment industry
• Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and executing on complex deals involving media, production and events
• Excellent strategic thinking and analysis skills and a proven track record of creating solutions drive client loyalty and grow revenue
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive management
• Ability to manage and grow internal and external cross functional relationships and partnerships
• Minimum of 10 years of experience working in similar role(s)
• Knowledge of digital media business
Desired Personal Attributes:
• Above all, integrity and honesty
• An exceptional work ethic
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Masterful organizational skills
• An enthusiasm for coaching, teaching and the development of people
• Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
• An open and collaborative nature
• A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
• Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
• Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V