Ecommerce and Consumer Insights Operations Manager - OluKai - Full Time
OluKai, Roark, Kaenon, and Melin need an operational rockstar to support and lead the direct sales and marketing team’s growth ambitions. This role needs to be a subject matter expert in digital marketing, project management, product buying, and providing decision-driving data and analysis that creates a world-class consumer experience. This role will champion a detailed-oriented method of thinking into the organization to influence business owners, marketing managers and developers. The ultimate goal of this role is to enable the direct-to-consumer business to operate with maximum efficiency.
- Product planning & buying: Incorporate available sales data: sales velocity, product assortment and predictive analytics to build accurate buy plans. Work closely with product and marketing teams, using analytics, predict and take leverage unique product opportunities that reward direct consumers.
- Project Management: Champion detail-oriented project management processes and platforms across DTC team to maximize outputs of direct sales initiatives. Utilize best-in-class systems to plan, track, predict, and evaluate project performances. Ensuring projects are correctly scoped, scheduled and have built-in accountability and milestones. Take ownership of project delivery and milestones
- Digital Account Management: Support sales team digital accounts including third-party digital marketing, advertising, email marketing, site merchandising, and inventory management.
- MAP Enforcement: Lead company MAP enforcement efforts by managing enforcement agencies, tracking price infringements, and following up with accounts to maintain policy. Continue to update the company MAP policy, as required, to ensure best practices are met; and ensure that the company can compete in an evolving marketplace.
- Reporting & Dashboards: Build useful dashboards and charts that allow for regular updates, supports business owners and helps the organization make fast, accurate decisions. Be available to pull together data and analysis at any time as the business necessitates. Be intricately aware of marketing managers’ needs to enable data-driven decision making.
- Data Analytics & Business Analyst: Serve as in-house expert on customer data collection, trend and cohort analysis, web and advertising analytics and e-commerce technology best practices. Ensure data quality by testing accuracy, correcting assumptions, and building towards business objectives.
- Fulfillment & Packaging: Ensure a best-in-class customer experience by working with production and distribution to create delightful consumer packaging and open-box experiences. Enable optimal fulfillment processes that drives costs down, increases profitability and grows consumer retention and brand loyalty.
- Budget & Planning: Build accurate budget plans, expense forecasts and product sales goals based on historical data and trends. Maintain communication with internal product planning and finance teams to keep inventory levels in-line with revenue forecasting and consumer demand.
- Direct mail: Project manage direct mail campaign direction, budgeting, and prospecting strategy. Assist in contribution analysis.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Honest, humble, loyal and full of integrity
- Eager to learn and dive in head first
- Footwear, eyewear, apparel or experience at a premium lifestyle brand preferred
- Understanding of ocean culture and outdoor culture preferred
- Ability to take direction and work autonomously
- Competitive and winning attitude
- Ability to articulate and rationalize fresh ideas
- Ability to balance several projects at once
- A passion for consumer behavior
- Thrives on challenging assumptions with data
- Knowledge of web/digital marketing tactics (e.g. ecommerce platforms, web analytics, e-mail, SEM)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with marketing, operations and customer service teams
- Talent for distilling insights from sometimes disparate pools of data, then effectively communicating audience-appropriate messages to various stakeholders including senior management
- Ability to partner with web developers and effectively communicate in technical terms. Knowledge of project management tools a plus.
- Mobile-first mindset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BA/BS with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, a quantitative social science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics etc.
- Entrepreneurial experience a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a retail e-Commerce environment with a focus on digital analytics, technology, and reporting.
- Proficient in JIRA, Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, Domo preferred
- Experience with Magento and Shopify preferred