Events Manager - OluKai - Full Time
The Events Manager will oversee the execution of OluKai’s events strategy, management and execution, including national consumer events and sponsorship's, managing event/ambassador team, creating pop-up brand experiences, trade-shows and exhibits and biannual sales meetings.
The Events Manager is responsible for all events planning, budgeting, logistics, organization and staffing ensuring the attention to detail of a premium and authentic brand. The Events Manager will also directly manage the Events staff, fostering growth and teamwork to create scale.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Schedule and maintain the OluKai master calendar of events, focusing on scaling national consumer events in a quantifiable way. Constantly review new opportunities to keep the brand at the leading edge of consumer events
- Establish streamlined management tools and performance KPI’s to efficiently manage event execution and drive new customer acquisition and retention. Continually improve the effectiveness events through regular KPI review and project debriefings.
- Utilize the latest in technology to improve the checkout process and customer data acquisition onsite at events.
- Manage the event properties, event kits to ensure onsite activation is on brand. Drive innovation within event properties to improve attendee engagement. Maintain inventory of all event collateral, conduct seasonal audits to ensure tools are in proper condition, replace / add tools as needed
- Create and execute compelling consumer experiences that tie into brand initiatives, including pop up retail activations, with pre-event promotion, onsite event activation and staffing as well as post-event evaluation. Tie in with local retail partners to leverage event presence when appropriate.
- Field national event ambassador team and external vendor resources required to execute events successfully.
- Create and manage the annual “Events” expense budget as well as maintain updated performance scorecard for all event activities.
- Create and manage the Hawaii Experience; includes cultural activities, tours and unique experiences for brand advocates visiting Hawaii.
- Oversee the planning and execution for two bi-annual sales meetings. Manage the venue selection and contract negotiation; coordinate all experiences, unique activations on site. Manage the annual budget, all vendor selection and bidding process. Manage all communications to internal company, sales reps and guests. Oversee internal company and regular cross-departmental meetings, project planning, event status and results.
- Lead weekly cross-departmental meetings to go over upcoming events, conduct timely briefings to Marketing team on event status and results.
- Manage all logistical aspects, including promotions, collateral printing, planning, timing, and operations of events. Secure competitive bids from all vendors.
- Act as liaison with internal staff, sales reps and retailers to coordinate activation at grassroots events. Duties include coordinating attendees, onsite activation, budgeting, press and social media, event documentation and evaluation.
- Oversee the execution of all trade show and exhibitions including but not limited to manage exhibit partner and show services, logistics, staffing, on site activations, communications with internal company, lodging and room blocks, budget and seasonal messaging.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the annual Ho’olaule’a (two-day ocean festival in Maui, HI).
- Manage the Events staff and all of the project deliverables. Including weekly task and project management, provide direction and approvals on daily tasks. Maintain and oversee professional growth and workload balance.
- Lend experience to Corporate Gift Events as well as our affiliate brands in execution of best-in-class experiences.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be extremely detail oriented, quantitative minded and possess advanced level of computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough knowledge of general marketing principles, branding, product launch planning, marketing collateral development and social media communication.
- Able to organize multiple tasks and manage projects through to completion on schedule and on budget. Strong organizational skills expected as well as project planning abilities, timeline management & interpersonal skills. Able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong presentation skills. Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to travel throughout the US and International locations, some weekend travel and evening meetings.
- Demonstrate a passion for product and brand building.
- Team players required.
- A passion for Ocean Lifestyle and premium branding is a must.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required - BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or other related discipline a plus.
- This position requires solid experience in Events. 5-10 years of related professional experience preferably in footwear or apparel with retail experience.