Fashion/Clothing Designer - Surf Maroc - Full Time
Up to the challenge of working for sunny Morocco’s leading Surf and Yoga Holiday provider? If so, expect amazing waves, great weather, good people and good vibes.
We are currently recruiting for a graphic/product Designer to help us level up our activities in sunny Morocco. Operating for over 12 years, Surf Maroc is widely regarded as the premier surf and yoga holiday and services provider in Morocco, catering for up to 200 guests a week.
We are looking to expand our existing business and develop all aspects of our existing clothing line on to a new 200 m2 space. You will be involved in this amazing project assisting in the design and layout of the space as well as designing a whole new clothing and accessory range. As Taghazout is quickly changing, in some really nice ways, our clients are becoming more varied (we have had a new skate park/bowl built) and on the whole, it's attracting a much more diverse crowd.
To help us accomplish this, we need a design guru with a creative flair!
Start Date: ASAP
• Creating or visualizing an idea and producing a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD)
• Following fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colors, and shapes
• Planning and developing the range
• Working with others in the design team, such as owners, to develop products to meet a brief
• Understanding design from a technical perspective, i.e. producing patterns and technical specifications for designs
• Selecting fabrics and trims
• Adapting existing designs for mass production
• Developing a pattern that is cut and sewn into sample garments and supervising the creation of these, including fitting, detailing and adaptations
• Overseeing production/quality control
• Fluent English and/or French
• Knowledge and experience in design software, Illustrator, InDesign and CAD
• Strong attention to detail
• Team focused
• Be able to commit for 6 months
What to expect:
• A good Moroccan salary
• Accommodation (own room in shared staff apartment in Taghazout)
• Flights from Europe
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] in order to apply for this role.