Footwear Design Intern - OluKai - Contract
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with and support the men’s and women’s Designers in creating innovative designs for OluKai's product line.
- Collaborate with product team in communication of creative strategies, product concepts, and consumer insights.
- Support men’s and women’s Design teams in all aspects of design functions – research, mood boards, line art, tech pack creation, ideation, color, etc…
- Support Design in providing footwear development with all necessary tech package information and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements.
- Work closely with the Product Line Manager intern on full concept creation including research, briefing, design reviews, and final concept presentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Current student in an accredited Product Design program
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, including flat sketch design.
- Communication, presentation and organization skills.
- Team player.
- Strong listening skills and ability to assimilating product feedback.
- Demonstrated proactive thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to research and apply market/trend information.
- A desire to understand the Ocean Lifestyle and its participants.