Media Relations & Communications Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
A lifelong, and former competitive surfer - I have over 10 years experience in the content creation and marketing side of the film & television industries.
I most recently spent nine years as the Manager, Global Marketing, Media & Public Relations for 20th Century Fox Television.
I would like to love to marry my love of boardsports, with my unique and diverse skill-set within the action sports industry.
75 To: 125 USD Per Annum
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Editorial, Film/Video Production, Marketing, Public Relations
Australia, Costa Rica, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Maldives, New Zealand, Portugal
Longboard, Shortboard, Standup Paddle Board
|Media Relations Consultant||Singularity Communications, LL||From January 2014 To Current|
*Leverage strong Talent and Studio relationships to help drive Social Media awareness and publicity of
client launches, events and client branding.
• Work hand-in-hand with clients whose purpose is to discover and acquire content, create and
develop revenue generating concepts, and build partnerships with media companies internationally.
• Advise international channel brands on lucrative key acquisitions for partnerships with studios,
production companies, as well as U.S. television and online networks.
• Serve as liaison between all Media (On-Air, Print, Online) seeking access to studio assets, while
controlling and maintaining Brand integrity and consistency throughout the major client territories
(Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and US).
|Manager - Global Marketing||20th Century Fox International||From December 2013 To December 2005|
• Responsible for all international marketing, brand management, and publicity campaigns for launches of hit television series including: The Americans, Sons of Anarchy, The Killing, Brand X with Russell Brand, White Collar, Wilfred, Graceland, The Glades, Burn Notice, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, among many others in over 210 foreign territories around the globe.
• Charged with the writing and distribution of all studio Corporate Communications and Press Releases, as well as placement of trade magazine articles, product marketing documents, and Media Press Kits.
• Work closely with foreign broadcast clients to help realize effective marketing initiatives to maximize launch campaigns and grow audience numbers throughout multiple foreign territories.
• Serve as studio liaison between foreign media and key show talent & production executives, to help promote shows in international markets in Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
• Coordinate with domestic network Media Relations counterparts (FX, NBC, FOX, ABC, AMC, A&E, and CBS) to schedule and conduct press conferences, interviews and set tours, as well as red carpet press for show premieres, award ceremonies and special events.
• Ensured that broadcasters had access to marketing and PR resources in order to maximize
visibility on launch of new shows and continued promotion of ongoing programming.
• Established relationships with production, talent, and other internal divisions to identify
cross-divisional publicity opportunities with domestic networks.
• Created and managed promotional launch events including researching venues, designing
invitations, compiling guest lists, booking entertainment, and providing on-site management of
• Worked closely with online department to ensure client marketing website, Foxfast.com, has proper
updated and timely marketing assets including photography, on-air promos, interview clips, artwork
• Work with department staff in the planning and execution of marketing / publicity initiatives for
special events such as Golden Globe Awards, International Press Junket (IPJ), series / season
premieres, as well as international sales markets such as MIPTV and MIPCOM in Cannes, FR.
• Oversee the creation and management of all Premium Executive & Talent Gifting and promotion.
• Support department Publicists as a unit publicist, facilitating set-visits and helping to
organize talent interviews and track all press clippings for archives.
|Development Coordinator||Spitfire Pictures||From December 2003 To December 2005|
• Managed the coordination of development activities -- meetings, notes, submissions, hearing
• Developed talent / agency lists for potential writers, directors, and other above-the-line
• Coordinated development and production of the Peabody© Award-winning Martin Scorsese documentary,
No Direction Home, both for airing nationally on PBS, as well as its Theatrical & DVD releases.
• Worked closely with Spitfire’s London office to represent Spitfire’s interests in the European
|Creative Executive||Shady Acres Entertainment||From September 2002 To December 2003|
• Worked closely with producer / director Tom Shadyac to help the development and growth of the
Shady Acres television production division through the company’s first-look agreement with
Touchstone Television and ABC Network.
• Served as the company’s junior Current Executive on behalf of its ABC half-hour comedy, 8 Simple
Rules…, as well as the ABC half-hour comedy pilot Platonically Incorrect.
|2002 World Cup English Manager||Korean Broadcasting Network||From May 2001 To August 2002|
Responsible for creating / developing with Korean and Japanese television executives, English and
native language programming and PSA’s aimed at bridging the cultural and language differences in
preparation of the 2002 Korea / Japan World Cup soccer tournament to take place in both countries.
|Literary Agent Assistant||Creative Artists Agency (CAA)||From May 2000 To May 2001|
between studios / networks and clients in the motion picture and television literary arena.
• Also responsible for client accounting and billing; client submissions; client acquisition, ral
office duties including: rolling calls, scheduling, travel, correspondence, database maintenance, etc.
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)||Political Science, English||College of Charleston||From 1996 To 2000|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist