Communications/ Marketing and Accounts Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
Over 7+ years working in various sectors of the surf industry. From work in surfing related journalism, communications, and sales, to hobbies including shaping/glassing boards and traveling, I am highly passionate about the surf industry.
I am also deeply invested in the past, present, and future of surfing by constantly reading and viewing as much surf related information as possible.
Many connections within the shaping and glassing community within SoCal, and beyond.
12 To: 20 USD Per Hour
Long Beach, California, United States
Full Time, Part Time, Contract
Admin & Office Support, Customer Service, Editorial, Environment & Conservation, Film/Video Production, Graduate/Entry Level, Human Resources, Management, Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Product Development, Public Relations, Science & Technology
Australia, United Kingdom, Brazil, Congo, Costa Rica, Faroe Islands, Fiji
Alaia, Longboard, Shortboard
|Communications Director||Foam E-Z||From May 2013 To Current|
- Communications Director;
• Handling special projects such as event planning and maintain customer accounts
• Drafting, writing, and editing original content for monthly newsletters and blogs
• Maintaining social media accounts
• Analyzing data and information collected for above duties to maintain continued growth and thereby increase sales
• Develop and maintain relationships with prospective new clients and partners by
• Analyze the needs of consumers and assist in the satisfaction of those needs
• Maintain an intensive and functional knowledge of all relevant products, processes, and measures involved in the surfboard making process
• Coordinated and completed various initiatives to improve company efficiency, as well as consumer access and relations
• Conduct regular inspections of product inventory levels with an ongoing active analysis of sales trends with regards to company needs
• Assisting both manager and president of company with a wide range specific and detail-oriented tasks on a day-to-day basis
• Participated in cooperative tasks and projects with other employees
|Bakery Assistant||Costco Wholesale||From September 2011 To October 2015|
• Liaison between baking staff and customers
|Intern/Contributor||Surfing Magazine||From September 2014 To November 2015|
• Facilitated editors in transcription/ editing processes
• Presented and prepared article ideas for magazine
• Provided personal insight regarding magazine direction/concepts
|Sales Associate||Pacific Sunwear||From March 2010 To November 2011|
|• Develop knowledge of brand images/ideals to introduce customers to new brands that fit their style|
|Surf Instructor||Corky Carroll's Surf School||From June 2009 To August 2010|
• Overseeing safety of camp students
• Improvising and implementing unique and specific lesson plans to fit the many learning needs of a wide variety of age groups/ skill levels
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|Bachelor of Arts||Anthropology||Cal State Long Beach||From 2011 To 2015|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Not a member?
Create your resume online and let the best jobs find you!
Post Job vacancies online AND search the resume database anytime.
Join Mailing List
Subscribe to our mailing list for regular news updates.