Controller, Director Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
I thrive on competition. As an athlete I’ve challenged myself to consistently improve my performance. This mindset carries over to my business performance.
Determination to generate company success keeps me alert to opportunities to improve process and systems and grow synergies across functions.
My role is to produce business intelligence, real-time reporting and actionable analysis that gives the companies I work for a competitive edge.
Examples of achieving results:
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT –
100,000 To: 165,000 USD Per Annum
Huntington Beach, CA, United States
|VP of Finance||CALIFORNIA SPECIALTY PHARMACY||From November 2016 To March 2019|
Established GAAP compliant Finance/Accounting Department, supervising two direct reports with responsibility for all accounting functions, including G/L, period closings, financial reporting, A/P, A/R, annual budgeting process, developing financial analytics, and instituting internal controls.
• Professionalized inventory function, implementing policies and process to improve purchasing, receiving and regularly scheduled physical counts, including PO authorizations, A/P integration, and documentation.
• Created and implemented accounts receivables and accounts payable policies and processes including credit and collections.
• Reviewed accounts receivables documentation and aging to identify credit risk and high concentration and implemented commercial collections standards, reducing DSO from 65 days to 30 days.
• Created and implemented cash management process and reporting for disbursements and receipts to provide daily visibility to ownership of cash position.
• Created and implemented business meal & travel expense policy and process.
• Selected and transitioned general ledger to new data base and architected and implemented a new chart of accounts to support management accounting reporting.
• Developed and implemented multi-scenario budgeting model providing flexibility and contingency planning.
• Implemented new Business Intelligence software platform (CareTrend) to provide detailed analytics, streamline prescription processing, pharmacy workflows, reimbursement, and reporting. This resulted in decreasing month end close processing time from 15 days to 5 days.
• Led staff of two in developing business analytics capability, including executive management reporting addressing therapeutic level margin analysis, cost trending, and performance metrics for sales and pharmacy fulfillment staff.
• Transitioned banking/financing services and relationships to new banking institution.
• Managed external accounting reviews and compliance audits, coordinating with cross-functional teams in maintaining and providing appropriate documentation and training.
• Established Human Resources function, maintaining oversight of all payroll processes while instituting annual employee review process, including goal setting and documentation. Managed annual benefits enrollment process in addition to creating and implementing new employee on-boarding process.
|Regional Controller||UNIVERSAL HEALTH SERVICES, Inc||From September 2019 To December 2019|
Acute hospital controller providing assistance for all accounting functions, including G/L, period closings, financial reporting, and annual budgeting process.
• Identified $5m in savings during first 90 days.
|Director of Finance||KAISER PERMANENTE||From January 2006 To November 2016|
Led staff of seven in creation and implementation of monthly analytical and financial reporting. Responsible for development, implementation, and monitoring annual Outpatient Pharmacy budgets, encompassing six national regions, 40 hospitals and over 225 retail pharmacy locations. Provided FP&A support to executive and operational management, including ad-hoc reporting and strategic business case support/analysis, data and analysis for Actuarial Services, and reports and analysis for Board presentations.
• Created and implemented Northern & Southern California monthly and strategic long-term forecasting models, providing executive and operational management with trended, forecasted, and operational data in financial and graphic formats. Forecasts were historically within 1% accuracy to actual results.
• Led initiative to standardize Outpatient Pharmacy chart of accounts, accounting processes, and reporting across entire Kaiser Permanente organization.
• Played key role in transitioning Northern & Southern California to new financial software program.
• Published several white papers in support of initiatives, including…
Alignment and Standardization of Financial Reporting for Northern & Southern California
Aligning Costs to Revenue – Centralized Distribution Refill Centers’ Revised Allocation Plan
• Created new expense allocation template allowing for clear audit trail, greatly reducing time required by accounting department to execute centralized cost allocations during month end close by 2 days.
• Graduate of Kaiser Financial Leadership Team training.
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|B.S||Accounting||Loyola Marymount University||From 1995 To 1997|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist