Social Media Content Creator or Merchandise Buyer Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
Megan D. Jones's experience appears to be concentrated in Marketing / General, with exposure to Sales / General. Megan D. Jones has 7 years of work experience, with several years tenure in management, including a mid-level position.
Megan is an ocean lover and fashion enthusiast who enjoys surfing, yoga, and working hard to meet deadlines.
45,000 To: 75,000 USD Per Annum
Santa Cruz, CA, California, United States
Design, Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Public Relations, Purchasing
Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France
|Marketing Consultant||Freelance||From August 2015 To Current|
Media relations services offered:
- Social Media Management
- Content creation (social media, website, blog, etc.)
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Running online advertisements
- Drafting marketing & ad budgets
- Strategizing & implementing digital ad campaigns
- Crafting press releases
- Collaborating with web developers & IT
- Maintain & improve websites
- Rebranding & crisis management
- Outreach & audience engagement
- Analyze data
- Tend to crisis management
- Manage brand or organization's email
- Misc. project coordination & admin tasks
- Oversee & train social media intern(s)
|Published Co-Author||CSU Channel Islands||From April 2015 To Current|
Participant of Independent research lead by Professor Jacob Jenkins, Ph.D. Assignment accomplishments:
- Gathered data from 1,000+ users of virtual collaboration software to find practical implications for end-users.
- Text formally accepted for publication by the International Journal of e-Collaboration: “Creating virtual communities that work: Best practices for users & developers of e-collaboration software.”
|Project Coordinator||The Seathos Foundation||From August 2015 To May 2016|
A couple of task accomplishments:
- As lead social media content creator, achieved goal to increase audience engagement & following on Instagram account by over 100% in less than 9 months.
- Educated interns on current issues related to ocean preservation, such as: plastic pollution, overfishing, acidification, etc.
|Marketing & Promotions Assista||Cumulus Media & Broadcasting||From July 2015 To October 2015|
- Assistant to Director of Marketing.
- Executed station events & remote broadcasts for local Ventura radio stations: 100.7 KHAY, 103.3 The Vibe, 106.3 NASH Icon, 1450 Sports Radio.
|Marketing Intern||CSU Channel Islands||From December 2014 To May 2015|
|Helped lead independent research for the development of California State University Channel Islands first student-run, digital streaming radio station. Produced marketing plan for the university’s first campus radio station.|
|Process Management Intern||Santa Rosa Island Research Sta||From August 2014 To January 2015|
|Collaborated with peers to identify solutions to improve the data collection & application process for visitors & volunteers of the Santa Rosa Island. Collected & analyzed data to be presented to shareholders & investors of the research station.|
|Procurement & Logistical Servi||CSU Channel Islands Division o||From August 2013 To August 2015|
Under the Division of Business & Financial Affairs at CSUCI, the department of Procurement and Logistical Services facilitates the purchase of goods and services; administers contracts; coordinates travel and credit card programs; provides shipping and receiving and mail services; and manages campus assets for the University.
Trusted handling confidential information and process various vendor forms, allocating an id number for each. Favorite role developed within position was the responsibility to recreate the Procurement webpage (http://www.csuci.edu/procurement/) and optimization of the site's SEO.
|Marketing Intern||Stagnaros Strategic Marketing||From May 2013 To August 2013|
|Developed adverts that were publicized in the local newspaper and learned how digital marketing strategies are executed.|
|Merchandise Manager||Sun Shops, Inc.||From June 2010 To August 2012|
|Managed Saint Kris Surf, Co., achieving key-holder status at multiple retail store locations. Created weekly schedules & delegated duties to each retail sales associate.|
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|Bachelor of Science||Business||CSU Channel Islands||From 2011 To 2015|
|International Studies||Business Management||Duale Hochschule Baden-Württe||From 2014 To 2014|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist