Distribution Center Supervisor - OluKai - Full Time
Manufacturing, Transport & Log
At OluKai, we build premium products for the ocean lifestyle. Our footwear is created using the highest quality materials and crafted into beautiful, functional and incredibly comfortable designs that reflect the spirit of the ocean lifestyle we all enjoy.
We are committed to creating quality products for our customers while leaving the smallest footprint possible on the planet. Our company philosophy is to be environmentally responsible as manufacturers and to pledge OluKai to actively support and work for a clean environment and a better quality of life.
Our customers and staff embody the connection that exists between people and the ocean, it is our Culture. We want to build a team of individuals who embrace this culture, and have a passion for providing premium products and service to our customers. OluKai is currently looking for a Distribution Center Supervisor 1 for our Huntington Beach location.
Basic Function: Responsible for ensuring the customer gets the right product, at the right time and packaged to their specifications by managing the effective operation of the shipping, receiving and stock areas.
- Ensure flow, processes and procedures are followed.
- Supervise, assist and coordinate activities of warehouse personnel engaged in verifying and maintaining records for incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepare items for shipping, receiving, storing and inventory.
- Understand and follow up on bill of ladings, invoices, and shipping orders with the correct priority and other areas in shipping product.
- Learn all customer routing guides to ensure compliance.
- Utilize knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
- Aide and oversee incoming receiving and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and condition of shipments to include lifting and carrying materials.
- Report any discrepancies in orders to appropriate individuals.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Shipping and receiving, monthly cycle counting
- Physical Inventory Counting, and Inventory Management.
- Develop and maintain an effective department through the selection, training, motivation.
- Direct and supervise all department employees to ensure goals are established for the warehouse area.
- Be able to be flexible in working hours including 2nd shift supervisory roll as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bilingual/Spanish communication
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and writing
- Inventory management software
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Lifting up to 80 pounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates and/or Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years prior supervisor experience required
- Experience in the Footwear Industry is a plus but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Microsoft Office