Kaenon Sales Manager - OluKai - Full Time
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish overall Sales Goals
- Meet or exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and annual regional sales goals
- Provide accurate forecasting on a timely basis
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to assigned Territory Sales Representatives, through Field observations and frequent communications
- Partner with reps to establish Regional targets by month and by customer.
- Collaborate with HR staff to manage personnel activities for the region (i.e. recruit, interview, hire, orient, train and discipline)
- Educate, train and coach Territory Sales Representatives to improve and reinforce performance; Provide clear, timely and behavior based performance feedback to facilitate skill development
- Observe and evaluate Territory Sales Representative’s performance on a regular basis; Develop and execute Performance Improvement Plans for individuals who do not meet established standards
- Review, analyze and participate with Territory Sales Representatives in the strategic development of accounts
- Establish and maintain profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company; Build relationships with decision makers
- Collaborate with internal partners to identify and resolve customer issues and problems within the area of responsibility; provide solutions
- Consistently communicate and implement all of Kaenon’s marketing programs and initiatives to grow region’s business
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Work with Territory Sales Representative to expand customer base and grow market share by identifying and opening new accounts and new doors.
- Know, and reach out to, all “strategic influencers” within the market
- Establish effective communications to Territory Sales Representative, supervisor and other internal partners
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Prepare and submit forecasting, status and activity reports as directed by supervisor
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 5+ years of experience in direct sales, outside sales, territory sales or as a manufacturer’s representative.
- 3+ years of experience managing a field sales team preferred
- Effective management and interpersonal skills; i.e. organization, time management, decision-making
- Documented ability to sell
- 60% Travel
- Proven track record of success in leading and directing a sales team
- Knowledge of the optical industry preferred
- Ability to utilize basic computer programs: Email, Word, Excel, etc.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent training in business or sales management preferred