Copywriter, feature writer, editor, proofreader, PR Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist
Summary of Experience
Freelance copywriter with over 10 years of commercial experience.
Specialisms include: Journalism, copywriting (B2B & B2C), content creation, blog posts, copy-editing, proofreading, features, travel writing, website copy generation/rewrites, marketing brochures, sales literature, PowerPoint presentations, PR, internal communications and editorial consultancy.
18 To: 35 GBP Per Hour
Eccleshall, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Full Time, Part Time, Casual, Contract
Editorial, Marketing, Merchandising, Public Relations
Australia, United States, United Kingdom, Barbados, Cayman Islands, France, Gibraltar, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand
|Freelance Journalist||PR2Go Ltd.||From February 2010 To Current|
• PR2Go receives information about recent achievements, events and other news from their corporate clients and this information is then forwarded on a team of freelancers to turn into either a news story or a press release.
• Fast turn-around and strict deadlines – stories have to be written and sent back to the client within three hours.
|Lead Copywriter/Business Owner||Snappy Copy||From March 2006 To Current|
• 'Snappy Copy’ provides copywriting, website re-writing, copy-editing, proofreading, blogging, content creation, PR and editorial consultancy services.
• 'Snappy Copy’ outsources a small community of editorial freelancers to UK industry.
• I was solely responsible for instigating the idea of ‘Snappy Copy’ and managing the start-up process from initial conceptualisation through to a fully functioning small business.
• Major clients have been within the energy-saving sector and this has become a ‘Snappy Copy’ specialism.
• Other clients have included motor manufacturers, publishers, international fast-food restaurants, online travel guides, MP4 distributors, universities, HR consultancies, graphic design agencies, Web design agencies, multi-media agencies, people management consultancies and marketing/communications consultancies.
• Between September and December 2008, three months to writing the Staffordshire University prospectus for which I was credited in the back pages.
• I regularly attended networking meetings with the local business community.
• I often delivered presentations about ‘Snappy Copy’ to prospective clients to promote the business and win new contracts.
• The business was initially supported by the ‘Prince of Wales Trust’.
• I delivered presentations to members of the ‘Prince of Wales Trust’ to indicate the progress of the business and to forecast future turnover.
• I have also delivered lectures to Staffordshire University students on how to set up and start an SME.
|Qualification||Field of Study||Institution||When?|
|MA||Journalism||Staffordshire University||From 2008 To 2010|
|BSc (Hons)||Communication Management||Northumbria University||From 1997 To 2000|
Request Contact Details Add to Shortlist